• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Laurna

October 15, 2024, 11:10:54 AM
Thank you Bynw
Members
  • Total Members: 171
  • Latest: Geo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 29,282
  • Total Topics: 2,808
  • Online today: 76
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 60
Total: 60
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

October 17, 2024, 10:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK Chat -- 21 July 2024

Started by Bynw, July 23, 2024, 08:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bynw

[18:35] * web82 (473eb015@CCN-1F686F39.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #Deryni_Destinations
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Hi KK
[18:36] <The_Bee> Hi KK
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Hello KK
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> hullo KK
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Hi KK
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> It's a good show
[18:36] * web82 is now known as KK
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Good evening KK
[18:36] <HoundMistress> Hi, KK Is this THE week?
[18:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Ice cream bar is all ready for you, KK.
[18:36] <The_Bee> Yoou're just in time for ice cream, KK.
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> We've been testing it for you, KK; it's not poisoned
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Hi KK
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> But you might have to fish Nezz out of the hot fudge
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> We're celebrating national ice cream day.
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Quality Control brought to you by Nezz
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Or it might be the kind of poison that takes a long time to take effect. I'm willing to eat your bowl of icecream to test it.
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Not merasha, is it?!
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Oh dear!  Why is my hot fudge winking at me?
[18:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> I live to serve *bows*
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Noooo
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> *In best imitation of Darth Vader "I find your lack of confidence distressing...."
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> I'll eat everyone's ice cream, since that's the altruistic sort of food taster that I am.
[18:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> So long as you serve ice cream, it's OK
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Keep your spoon out of my iice cream
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Keep your spoon out of my ice cream
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> I read that as 'lice cream,' which sounds horrifying. 😄
[18:39] <KK> Hello, all. Sorry I'm late, but it's a long story.  I was supposed to be In Sacramento this weekend, but thanks to a big thunderstorm the night before, weather issues on the travel day itself, plus the Microsoft melt-down, never made it past Charlotte.
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Well Wencit might serve that
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Ew...definitely NOT on the menu as far as my ice cream bar is concerned
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Spoon? /me lick whiskers contentedly
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Ugh, that sounds frustrating, KK
[18:39] <HoundMistress> Oh, sorry to hear that!
[18:39] <The_Bee> KK's trying to get a word in edgewise.
[18:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> With waffles?
[18:40] <KK> That was after trying and failing the day before to get out of Charlottesville, and changing booking.
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Yup
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> 😠 🤢 😤 that wencit is a real piece of work after all
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I spent Friday morning at work restarting the Reference desk computers about 15 times each.
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Oh dear. How unfortunate, KK
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Oh dear, KK
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> 😦
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Sorry your travle got caught in the chaos
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I'll bet SOMEBODY was in trouble for that! But sorry to hear about the messed up transportation, KK
[18:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> So what happens now?
[18:40] <~bynw> Hi KK
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Sorry your travel got caught in the chaos
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> THat's why we need a working network of transfer portals!
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Sorry to hear that, KK. Can you get there anyway, or is it too late?
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> I keep checking my church sacristy for a portal, but I think linoleum doesn't work well for making one on.
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Yea to trqansfer portals NOT run by computers
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> If it's any consolation, we're about to get another heat wave here out West...
[18:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Yea to transfer portals NOT run by computers
[18:41] <KK> Then we sat at our gate in Charlotte for 14 hours, watching the info board update about every half hour with another delay, until that flight was finally cancelled. So we came home..
[18:42] <~bynw> Technically it wasn't a Microsoft breakdown. It was a Crowdstrike update that impacted Microsoft Windows machines that run Crowdstrike security applications.
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Talk about a complete waste of a day!
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> It sounds horrible, no matter what caused it
[18:42] <HoundMistress> Affected most if not all the airlines
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> 14 hours?  Egad!
[18:42] <The_Bee> and hospitals
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> So yes Crowdstrike and its CEO are in trob;e
[18:42] <HoundMistress> All kinds of dispatch
[18:42] <~bynw> that's because they ran Crowdstrike security, most fortune 500 companies do
[18:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I'd really hate to be the person who messed up Microsoft!
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> So yes Crowdstrike and its CEO are in trouble
[18:43] <KK> Yah, but at the time, it looked like it was Microsoft, not an update gitch.  Same dreaded blue screen, though.
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Ludicrous that crowdstrike could even do that to us
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Some 911 systems, I think.
[18:43] <~bynw> all you had to do is delete 1 file and the PC's would work again
[18:43] <~bynw> did it many times on Friday at work :)
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Some 911 systems were down too, I think.
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> At least you weren't in Chicago. I was reading about someone who was stuck in her plane on the tarmac when tornadoes moved through there recently, and they couldn't take off to escape the storm since air control and ground control had both been evacuated.
[18:43] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Luckily the problem had been resolved by the time I got home on Friday, and I didn't have to restart my laptop umpteen times.
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> It's like something out of my fav cyberpunk stories
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> We should be smarter irl
[18:44] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Luckily my DD1 flew to Chicago this morning with no problem.
[18:44] <~bynw> it didn't impact home users at all really because you are most likely not running Crowdstrike Falcon as a security program
[18:44] <The_Bee> Someone said the problem is they've cut redundancies  in the name of efficiency. Not very efficient
[18:44] <~bynw> unless you like paying $1000s of dollars for it
[18:45] <HoundMistress> The more they  overthing the plumbing, the easier it is to gum up the works
[18:45] <HoundMistress> Or something close to that
[18:45] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Yes, although a friend of mine who works from home had the problem. Well... probably because she works from home and has to have the security installed on her machine
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> So now just staying home until surgery, KK?
[18:46] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> When is the big day?
[18:46] <The_Bee> I got a reboot message; no idea if it involved the Crowdstrike event.
[18:46] <HoundMistress> Isn't that this week?
[18:47] <HoundMistress> Good luck, many happy wishes and prayers, KK
[18:48] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Amen
[18:48] <The_Bee> and woodgies
[18:48] <KK> And when I got home, my internet was still down because of a storm-driven loss of power the night before we were to leave, so I couldn't use the live feed link  But by then, the ordination Mass wa winding down, distributing Communion, so that's all I got to see.  Hoping it was corded as well as live feed, so I can see it maybe tomorrow.until my
[18:48] <KK> neighbor came down to sort it out.  (He did show me how to fix the problem for future.)
[18:48] <HoundMistress> Oh, so sorry you missed it!!
[18:48] <The_Bee> Has Daphne been sympathetic?
[18:49] <HoundMistress> 2 weeks here and I'm starting to take a few steps without the walker
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I hope she was glad to see you!
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Excellent, HM
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Goood for you HM
[18:50] <HoundMistress> Thanks! I'm sooo tired of that walker
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Good for you HM
[18:50] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> Congrats for that, HM
[18:50] <The_Bee> Bravo,  HM
[18:51] <HoundMistress> Thanks!
[18:51] <~bynw> almost everything is in boxes now. closing on friday. moving during the weekend and monday
[18:52] <HoundMistress> YAY, bynw!!
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Huzzah Bynw!
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> https://tenor.com/view/blackadder-gif-26896557
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Excellent, Bynw
[18:52] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> So you get to live out of boces until Saturday. That should be fun. Npw let's see, which box did that go in?
[18:52] <KK> Adding to the "interesting" experience, the morning we were getting ready to go to the airport, I got a all from otho, saying that my livr function numbers from pre-testing, and I needed to see my PCP for clearance before they could reschedule my surgery--and my PCP was leaving that day at 1100 on a week of vacation, so I couldn't se her unti
[18:52] <KK> August 5.  Hav to repet bloodwork before that.  Hopefully, it was just one of those glitches that sometimes show up in blood work, and doesn't mean anything serioius, and they'll be able to reschedule quickly, but it won't be July 29th.  Hope this doesn't push me too much farther down the queue.
[18:53] <The_Bee> Have you already decided which furniture will go where?
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Yikes, KK
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I hope it won't throw things off too much
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Oh dear, KK
[18:53] <HoundMistress> Oh, NO, KK!! Deja vu of me and my iron levels!!
[18:53] <~bynw> we are getting some new furniture for the living room and the patio
[18:53] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Nothing seems to be running smoothly
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> So you get to live out of boxes until the weekend or beyond. That should be fun. Now let's see, which box did that go in?
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> *face palm in KK's behalf*
[18:54] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Yet we persevere. My prayers with you, KK!
[18:54] <HoundMistress>  A new place deserves some new furniture.
[18:54] <The_Bee> I hope when you finally get the surgery, it will be completely successful
[18:55] <HoundMistress> Yes, definitely, KK!
[18:55] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> And healing will have no delay
[18:55] <KK> Hound Mistress--bravo that you're starting to take steps sans walker.  I'm still using mine a lot, because of balance issues, that I hope will be sorted once I've had the other knee done.
[18:55] <The_Bee> and that Daphne will do her nursing duties well.
[18:56] <HoundMistress> I hope so, KK! I have PT coming 3 days next week! I know you will be so much better soon!
[18:56] <KK> Yeah, I obviously wasn't meant to be in Sacto this weekend. But Daphne is very glad I'm home, even if my little Mormon catsitter takes very good care of her, and she likes her.
[18:56] <HoundMistress> Awww! Sweet!
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> @KKhope the surgery goes without a hitch and the healing goes well. Maybe you're getting any hitches out of the way ahead of time
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> It does seem like all the forces of nature and technology were against your being able to get here, yes
[18:57] <HoundMistress> Sometimes the forces of nature know best
[18:57] <The_Bee> Does she try to convert the cat to Mormonism?
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> I always wonder at times like this if it's fate telling us no or to fight harder
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Hope the new bloodwork shows you'll be good to go for your surgery so you can get it overwith!
[18:57] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Or maybe I'm just stubborn
[18:58] <KK> Well, old knee is now officially worse than the other one before its surgery, and I'm getting a fair amount of pain, so the rescheduled surgery an't happen too soon!
[18:59] <HoundMistress> I had that with my other knee. LOTS of pain but had to wait 3 months for the iron to come up. I hope you don't have anywhere near as much delay!!
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> No fun to live with pain. Where IS Duncan when we need him?
[18:59] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> I don't have him. I'm in the wrong century at the moment. Ask the game folks. 😉
[18:59] <HoundMistress> I would have loved to see Duncan!!
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> I'm beginning to think I shouldn't be putting the kind of weight on my knees that I have been since ... getting on the job market 🏋🏻
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Well Evie, you were supposed to be keeping track of him!
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> I only included him in a vision, so I don't have him.
[19:00] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> In the 15th Century, he ought to have been lying in a crypt where he couldn't get into trouble much!
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> He'd find a way!
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> True!
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> LIke that ever stopped Camber!
[19:01] <The_Bee> Maaaaybe he's been reincarnated.
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> Exactly, Shiral!
[19:01] <KK> I could have done the second surgery sooner, but I was planning around the two west coast trips.
[19:01] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> But his ghost might want to raise a little chaos
[19:02] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> So that glitch was even more annoying that it would ordinarily have been!
[19:02] <HoundMistress> All things happen for the best, but we may not be able to see it yet.
[19:03] <HoundMistress> Like in Deryni Checkmate, Alaric couldn't see the good that would come of his trials & tribulations
[19:04] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Oh yeah. What a journey that was
[19:04] <KK> In the good side, I can now go see local theatre performance of Cabaret in a couple of weeks, that I couldn't have attended so soon after this second surgery, and my travel buddy has invited me to come along with her and her family to the beach at Kitty Hawk, where I've never been, much less to a beach  farther north than Miami, so those are two
[19:04] <KK> good things to come of this adventure.
[19:05] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> What good came from losing his sister, his cousin and the uncle who was his guardian.?
[19:05] <HoundMistress> Deryni became more accepted and Loris got his just desserts or as much of them as possible
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Glad for the positives KK. Things to look forward to.
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> He met richenda on the road
[19:06] <HoundMistress> Yes, You'll have some fun!
[19:06] <The_Bee> I hope Loris's dessert wasn't ice cream.
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> And now they're about to talk in her tent
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> 🥺
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> 👉👈
[19:06] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> True but that is still a lot os loss to have to deal with. And it took a war for Loris to finally get his just deserts/
[19:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Hurrah for the Beach and the theater!
[19:07] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> True but that is still a lot of loss to have to deal with. And it took a war for Loris to finally get his just deserts/
[19:07] * ~bynw just smiles and thinks about all the forgotten shadows out there
[19:08] <HoundMistress> It was terrible loss
[19:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> *narrows eyes Bede-ily
[19:08] <HoundMistress> IF I even THINK of Bronwyn, I start to tear up.
[19:08] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> @Bynw what are you up tp npw? Sounds scary
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> @Bynw what are you up to now? Sounds scary
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> DFK, only MURDER MOST FOUL!!!
[19:09] <HoundMistress> Is our favorite villain in it?
[19:09] <~bynw> oh that's just the tip of the iceberg
[19:09] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Oh dear. More bodies found? At least I hope it's not one of out characters
[19:10] <HoundMistress> Can't wait to dive in!
[19:10] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Oh Bronwyn and Kevin. Never seen a couple so happy in historical fantasy.
[19:10] <~bynw> oh HM he is off doing other things just now
[19:10] <HoundMistress> I know Marc! It was so unfair!
[19:11] <HoundMistress> Well, I hope we find out what pretty soon!
[19:11] <HoundMistress> I have a LOT of reading time right now.
[19:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> I keep alternating between wanting to know what bynw's up to and not wanting to find out.
[19:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Although....what would have happened if Kevin and Brownwyn had lived, and then Kevin had also been captured by Wencit with Duke Jared? Poor Brownywn would have ended up alone!
[19:11] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Would have died of a broken heart
[19:11] <~bynw> oh fear not Nezz. You will find out :)
[19:12] <HoundMistress> Probalby would have! Poor doomed darling.
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Characters aren't talking to me, right now....
[19:12] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> THe saddest part is, if Alyce hadn't put in hier will for Bronwyn not to marry until 25, none of it would have happened. The law of unintended consequences is always there
[19:12] <HoundMistress> REALLY??? She's in this???
[19:13] <The_Bee> If only Bethane had known Bronwyn was engaged to a duke's son.  when she agreed to help Rimbaud(?) she assumed a mere  Deryni couldn't be marrying someone important.
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> C'est a lavey
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Or whatever they say 🇫🇷
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Rimmell
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> C'est la vie?
[19:13] <The_Bee> Rimmel  Thanks, Shiral
[19:13] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Yes that!
[19:13] <HoundMistress> Yes, Bethane would never have intentionally hurt Bronwyn
[19:13] <HoundMistress> Or I don't think she would have
[19:14] <HoundMistress> Or the grown up little boy who reminded her of her lost love.
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Bronwyn might have been able to produce a few nice sturdy young McLains if the marriage hadnt' been delayed. But then Dhugal wouldn't be Duke of Cassan if she had
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Does Derry ever get her? I swear he was tasked with finding the sorcerer at the end of the book
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> Marc, we can't tell you that!!!
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Fair
[19:14] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Certainly Bronwyn would have  grieved for Kevin, but....I kind of hope she'd have been made of sterner stuff than to die of a broken heart
[19:14] <HoundMistress> I have GOT to get into this new story!!
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> I want him to be like "oi! That wasn't very nice"
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> HM, people are throwing a bunch of characters into the conversation who are not involved in the current game.
[19:15] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Tell us how you like it 😃
[19:16] <HoundMistress> Oh, OK.
[19:16] <HoundMistress> I will see soon!
[19:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Yes, those are two separate conversations going on simultaneously, HM
[19:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Is KK still here?
[19:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Gee we never have more than one conversation going in chat...
[19:16] <HoundMistress> I think so
[19:16] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> I found it a little confusing at first but it gets better with every posting
[19:16] <~bynw> still show KK connected, maybe she got up for something
[19:16] <HoundMistress> LOL Shiral
[19:17] * CambersGhost [discord] <shiral_> launches some Swedish Fish candies into the chatroom just for fun and chaos
[19:17] <KK> Yes, I'm here, but very tired. Thursday was a lost cause, sleep-wise, and I haven't caught up yet.
[19:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> 😦
[19:17] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I keep wanting to call them Feedish Swish
[19:17] <HoundMistress> I keep trying to get a short story going but I can't get past a little girl, a dog & a young Duke Alaric
[19:18] <KK> I like Feedish Swish.
[19:18] * The_Bee sings KK a lullaby.
[19:18] <HoundMistress> LOL, Shiral
[19:18] <HoundMistress> You need some rest, KK. It's hard to catch up.
[19:18] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> I have so many italics in this %$#@! story I'm having to add BBCode to so I can paste them into the forum's post edit window without having to find them each individually to add the coding later when I'm posting it. 😭
[19:18] <KK> Don't do that, Bee, or I'll nod off right here at the keyboard.
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> The night before a plane trip is always stressful. So are pointless hours sitting in an airport
[19:19] <The_Bee> okay
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> KK, I'm on high Deryni right now, at last. It's the best yet 😀
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> 14 hours at a gate is a lot
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Sleep is very impotant KK. Hope you catch up soon
[19:19] * The_Bee hands KK some coffee.
[19:19] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> I can hardly wait for you to get to the next trilogy, Marc! Kelson is three years older.
[19:19] <HoundMistress> Somebody get her some ice cream!
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Sleep is very important KK. Hope you catch up soon
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> A mensch at last
[19:20] * CambersGhost [discord] <shiral_> makes KK a sundae with coffee ice cream
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Plus you'll finally get to see more of Richenda in action.
[19:20] <KK> It was physically taxing, too.  Oh, and since I didn't get to see my sister while I was not there, I need to figure out how to make a separate trip before the end of the year. Only God knows how long she can keep her leukemia at bay, now that's she's started on meds.
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> No Bee, we want her to sleep not wake up
[19:20] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Oh no, I didn't realize she was ill, KK!
[19:21] <HoundMistress> Oh, KK! Sorry to hear that! I hope you will be able to get to see her soon! Prayers!!
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Somehow, I never heard that news
[19:21] <KK> Katherine does not drink coffee except on rare occasions, after a formal dinner, and with sugar and lots of cream.
[19:21] <The_Bee> *SIGH*  Coffee now, lullaby later
[19:21] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> My deep sympathies
[19:22] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> KK, I am sorry to hear of your sister's illness, I didn't know either. I hope the meds work for her and that you see each other soon
[19:24] <KK> Yah, she was diagnosed 3-4 years ago, and she's been in watch and wait mode until a couple of months ago.  Now that I know I can fly there via Charlotte, with only one plane change, I can maybe do it on my own, with wheelchair assistance from the airline.
[19:24] <HoundMistress> I hope so!
[19:24] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> I hope that works out for you
[19:25] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> I hope you manage it and that the transportation  woodgies are better during the next effort to get to the West Coast
[19:25] <The_Bee> Medicine has made good progress in the treatment of many kinds of cancer.
[19:26] <KK> Yeah, starting the meds underlined that if I don't get out there to see her soon, I might never see her again. Our uncle, my mother's brother died from leukemia around the same age.
[19:26] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Let's hope for the best
[19:27] <HoundMistress> Yes, hope and prayers.
[19:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Leukemia is treatable , more so now than in the past and we will hope for emission for her with treatment
[19:29] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Leukemia is treatable , more so now than in the past and we will hope for remission for her with treatment
[19:29] <KK> Yes. She's a very conscientious patient, almost to the point of being a fanatic about being immuno-compromised, but that can't stop the disease, only maybe keep it from developing as quickly.  She's doing well thus far.
[19:29] <The_Bee> Is she your last living relative, KK?
[19:30] <The_Bee> beside Cameron
[19:31] <KK> Last one of blood, other than my half-sister, who doesn't really count because I hardly know her.  She was born in 1968, so easily young enough to be a daughter. We never shared living arrangements.
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> i hope she can hold on, KK.
[19:32] <HoundMistress> And you hang in there, too, KK
[19:32] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Amen
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> I know a guy who has/had leukemia. He's doing pretty well I think.
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Remission can last for quite a long time and there are cures. Will be thinking of you and praying for you both
[19:33] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Um, about her first meeting with the gang of 4?
[19:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> She just wanted teh kids to get off her lawn
[19:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> She just wanted the kids to get off her lawn
[19:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Forcibly.
[19:34] <KK> Well, neither of her children live close. But at least she still has her music.
[19:34] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Actually she just wanted them to stop chasing her sheep. At least i think that is what they were doing
[19:35] <HoundMistress> Yes, they were chasing her sheep
[19:35] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Music is a great solace and healer
[19:36] <The_Bee> KK's sister was chasing sheep?  Oh, so we're back to Bethane?
[19:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> https://tenor.com/view/enya-funny-hilarious-listens-to-enya-once-monkey-gif-5949345
[19:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Couldn't agree more
[19:36] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Back to Bethane and the children when Alaric broke his arm
[19:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Sorry. *I* had been nodding off and had gotten around to scrolling thru old convo.
[19:37] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Well, I must go.  Hope everyone has a good week, especially you, KK
[19:37] <KK> Who's that scrolling?
[19:38] <HoundMistress>  You, too, Jerusha
[19:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Have a good week Jerusha, night
[19:38] * CambersGhost [discord] <jerusha2> waves goodnight!
[19:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Good night! May Elspeth win!
[19:38] <The_Bee> Bye Jerusha
[19:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> nighy Jerusha
[19:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Sorry. *I* had been nodding off and had gotten around to scrolling thru old convo. Which is why I brought up a comment from a while ago about Bethane.
[19:38] <CambersGhost> [discord] <jerusha2> Or at least survive!
[19:39] <HoundMistress> I just finished my Chocolate PB ice cream off.
[19:39] <The_Bee> Elspeth-- KK's sister?
[19:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> I have cinfidence in Elspeth
[19:39] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> I have confidence in Elspeth
[19:40] <KK> My sister is Jeanne.
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Game character
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Jerusha's character name in forgotten shadows. I won't divulge anything more for spoiler reasons
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> We all have great respect for Elspeth.
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> No Elspeth is a character in the new game
[19:40] <The_Bee> ah, got it
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> A reason I don't like Discord: not really good at threading, when we have 3+ strands of conversation at the same time.
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> That's a good, holy name, KK
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Well, I send Jeanne lots of Healing energy, and hope her illness progression is very very slooooooooooowwwww.
[19:40] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> My DD2's name is Jeanne too
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> My late Aunt was also Jeanne. She lived to be 93
[19:41] <KK> Okay, I am seriously fading.  Need to get a bite of dinner and go to bed. Thanks, Shiral.  Me, too.
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> Get some food and rest, KK
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> Good night, KK. Sleep well!
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> You can tell Jeanne that a whole lot of people from around the country are praying for her now.
[19:41] <HoundMistress> Good night, KK and have a good week and go see Jeanne soon.
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <stnezz> And definitely get your rest.
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <tm_9039> Eat well! Sleep well! In that order!
[19:41] <KK> See you next week.
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <marc_du_temple> Good night
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> See you later!
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <derynifank> Night KK, sleep well and I hope things soon look up
[19:41] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> See you next week, hope there are no new glitches THIS week!
[19:42] * KK steps onto her Portal, yawns and waves goodnight, and disappears in a shower of violet sparkles.
[19:42] <The_Bee> Nighters, KK! Thanks for coming.  Hope you're well rested next Sunday.
[19:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <evie.delacourt> I am hoping to have Chapters 1 and 2 of my new fanfic up this week, if I can get them ready in time.
[19:42] <KK> Nghters!
[19:42] <CambersGhost> [discord] <shiral_> LIke the violet sparkles!
[19:42] <KK> Nighters, too.
[19:42] * KK (473eb015@CCN-1F686F39.hsd1.va.comcast.net) Quit (Quit: Client closed)
President/Founder of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com